2016-08-24

Kobayashi Yui: We will keep climbing the hill

Most members of Keyakizaka46 have made blog posts on the occasion of their first anniversary together. Many people think Kobayashi Yui's was the best:
_________________________________

2016.8.21

Since that day ☆彡

...

Yesterday, the 20th of August
We had the chance to perform
At TV Asahi Summer Festival Summer Station.

We were actually able to do a live on a stage
right next to a fantastic place like Keyakizaka.

Thank you very much
to everyone who came.



On this date last year
I passed the audition to become
A first-generation member of Toriizaka46.

August 8th, 2015.
On the same date, the group's name changed to Keyakizaka46.
And since that day, my life has changed 180 degrees.

Almost every day, I fly from school to the train
On my way to lessons.

And I've begun to pay attention to beauty and diet.

I'm not just an ordinary high-school student any more.

Today it has been a year
Since I was that ordinary high-school student.

In this year, I've been able to experience many things.

To be honest, those experiences have been more than I could have imagined.

Events, lives, handshake events, magazine photo sessions,
Variety programs, singing shows, a drama...

I've been given the opportunity
To have countless big experiences
And I've been able to learn and grow a lot.

Moreover, in that year
My relationship with the members has become deeper.

At first, I was reserved and had a cool atmosphere about me.
But now we have become close friends who can
Have deep discussions and say anything to each other.

To be able to do activities with
The 21 members of Kanji Keyaki
Has really been great. They are really all important to me.

The Hiragana Keyaki members have only just joined,
And have only just met us,
We still aren't used to talking deeply together.

I've become close friends with 21 people.
And now I want to become close friends with 32 people.

It has only been a year,
But it has been a tremendously rich year.

Of course I'm asked what the year has been like.
There have been bitter things and painful things.
It has definitely not all been happy.

But the bitter and painful things are far exceeded
By the many, many enjoyable and happy things.

So I can say with pride
That it has been a wonderful year.

And I have met all of you who are so important to us.

Everyone's support has been so heartening.

Always, I thank you so very much.

Really, it has been so good
To meet all of you whose support I receive.

I can't tell you all the many thoughts I have about this year.
I'd be writing for a long time.

What I really want to convey to you
Is just thank you very much for supporting us.


And please treat us well from now on.


Certainly, as things are now, the slope
Is not likely to become gentler.

Our place as we climb that slope
Is still not secure.

But Keyakizaka46,
Is a good group that will spare no effort.

So please join your strength with ours
As we work hard to go forward.

I would be happy if everyone
Would watch over Keyakizaka46
Including Hiragana Keyaki, from now on.

Please treat us well from now on.

Good night and

see you again ⊿⊿
_______________________________________

That last line  -- in English -- is how she ends all her blog posts.  And here she is at a handshake event:



















No comments:

Post a Comment