2016-06-25

Letter from Suzumoto Miyu to Hirate Yurina on her birthday



At Keyakizaka handshake events, members with recent birthdays are feted by having their lanes specially decorated, by receiving flowers, and by having another member read a birthday letter to them


It was Suzumoto Miyu who wrote and then read the letter to Hirate Yurina, at Sunday's handshake event in Yokohama. Suzumoto wept as she read.


To Hirate

Congratulations on your 15th birthday. You're still quite young.

You may be the youngest, but the way you support me,
and support all the members is amazing.
Seeing Hirate beside me continuing to grow through our first single,
gave me the courage to work hard myself.
Thank you for noticing how shy I was and being with me.
Now I am able to talk with all the members.

It was fun going to see movies with Hirate,
going to see the Christmas illuminations,
going many places with you.
It would be great to go to more places with you, too.
Though I was in a position where I should have been supporting Hirate,
I regret so much that because of my own worries and cares I wasn't able to.
For continuing to work hard all the time,
for discussing things with me,
for working with all your might to solve problems for me,
I am really, truly grateful to you.

Fom now on, I will listen to your worries, okay?
My life is about four years longer than Hirate's, so I should be able to give you some advice.
I may not be reliable, but I'll listen to everything, okay?
As Keyakizaka's centre, you are under nothing but pressure.
For nevertheless always supporting everyone and leading us forward, thank you.
I will always be Hirate's ally.
I will always love you.

-- from Miyu

All the members surrounded Hirate to congratulate her on her birthday. (Info from 2channel and Twitter, where a somewhat official-looking transcript was posted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment