2016-06-25

Koike Minami talks about overcoming her shyness

Here's Mii-chan's blog post from Saturday evening, the night before the handshake event in Yokohama, the last one for Silent Majority:

Hello, everyone,
Good evenin' panda \( ¨̮ )/

Thanks for all you did today.

Tomorrow is the last day of handshake events
For our first single, Silent Majority.

The handshake events started in Kyoto in May
And suddenly, here we are at the last one.


Hair flopping around on my shoulders


Kyoto was the first time
I had done a solo handshake line.

I was really not very good at it
And I always ended up with so many regrets.

Someone bought a CD,
Got a ticket especially to see Koike,
Thought about what they were going to say

And then I just showed my shyness
And when the time came, I couldn't pay them back
With anything to say.

I really regret what I was like,
And feel like apologizing to everyone who came then.

But many people so kindly told me
Just to slowly, step by step, overcome
That shy me.

But I couldn't just depend on other people forever,
I had to quickly go from wondering what I could say
To thinking of some little bit of myself to offer.

And little by little
Most of my shyness
Went away.

I'm still filled with anxiety and tension
For several hours before a handshake event.

But I always get courage and energy
From everyone.

And I hope that everyone who comes to shake hands with me
Can get a little courage and energy from me.

Tomorrow is the last handshake event for the first single!
Let's have a lot of fun!

Anyway, I'll be waiting for you tomorrow
In Yokohama! -- Will I see you there?

Good night.

[....]

-- Mii

No comments:

Post a Comment